No products in the cart.
Tips for cleaning your Old Tupton Ware pottery
Old Tupton Ware cleaning can be a delicate process, but with the right techniques and equipment, it is possible to restore your pieces to their former beauty.
Here are some cleaning stages for cleaning your pottery:
- Begin by dusting off any loose dirt or debris with a soft brush or cloth.
- Make a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Clean the surface of the pottery lightly using a soft sponge or cloth. (Abrasive materials should be avoided as they might scratch the surface)
- Use a mixture of baking soda and water to remove stubborn stains. (Apply the mixture to the stain and scrub gently with a soft brush)
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
If your Old Tupton Ware pottery is stained or yellowed, use a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 4 parts water.
Apply the solution to the pottery and let it set for 10–15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
To keep the finish on your Tupton Ware pottery in good shape, you might want to add a layer of wax or furniture polish.
The following materials are required:
- A soft brush or cloth
- mild dish soap
- lukewarm water
- a soft sponge or cloth
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Wax or furniture polish (optional)
It is important to remember that some Tupton Ware items may be fragile to clean, and in such circumstances, it is recommended to take much care while cleaning. We advise you to handle these pieces with care and avoid using harsh chemicals on them.